Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Keeping Quiet Revealers

Novel connection. When Richie punches Russell in the face, his mother wants to call the principal, however, Russell wants to keep quiet about the whole incident. Russell’s mom’s response was, “I’m not doing nothing. If one adult did this to another, he be in jail. Why should it be different for kids?” (p. 45)


Blog Question: Should kids solve their own problems or should adults/parents get involved? Explain.

If a person grows up with their parents solving all their problems for them, they are going to struggle as an adult. But if I person grows up with their parents giving them no help whatsoever, thinking they're childeren should figure everything out for themselves, that person might not live to be an adult. A parent should be supportive and caring, and give their kid advice to help them overcome their problems, but the parent should not overcome their problems for them, not unless the kid is being seriously injured. The best thing is to find the in between, the middle way.

3 comments:

  1. Hey!You are so good at putting words together. I liked the part where it explains how you need to find the middle way. Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said to go the middle way, I totally agree. I also like how you talked about how the parents should be supportive and caring but not to dependent so they could be a good adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your paragraph you really described it very well and i do agree what you said .

    ReplyDelete